Saturday, December 29, 2007

Discipline...

Evan is a really fun kid. He loves to explore everything, and loves to see just how much he can get away with without getting into trouble. He is actually starting to follow directions on a couple of things. For instance, he is not allowed to walk while drinking from his sippy cup. So now, if I hand it to him and say, "sit down". He will!! So, we are making some progress. However, for some reason he does not always take me seriously. When he is doing something naughty, like going for the outlet while I am vacuuming, or playing his flute and then hitting Daisy with it...I will get on his level, look into his eyes, and firmly say "no!". Unfortunately, his response is not a sad or remorseful look. His response is to start LAUGHING. That's right. Every time I get serious, and look into his eyes to say "no"....he laughs. It's not quite the response I've been looking for. I guess I will have to find another way to get my point across.

No comments: