Friday, November 13, 2009

Today is the day!

Okay guys, today is the day! Just $10 will give one person in Africa clean water for 10 years. What?! See my last post to get a few more details on what "Water for Christmas" is all about. I heard about this last year, and honestly my heart broke for these people. I mean, I drink water ALL THE TIME. And my water is awesome! It is clean, it is fresh, and there is lots of it. But that is not the reality for everyone. Imagine having to walk for miles, having to get your water from here:

Do you see how dirty that is?? Can you imagine drinking that?? No wonder THOUSANDS of people die every day. EVERY DAY. From no access to clean WATER. Something we take for granted. So there is this awesome organization called charity:water that is doing something about it. Building clean wells, so people can get water that looks like this instead:
Now that's more like it. So today, consider joining hundreds of other people and giving $10 to make a difference in someones life FOREVER. So that little boys and girls, mothers and fathers, teenagers, grandparents - people JUST LIKE US can have CLEAN WATER. We CAN make a difference.

Just click the button on my previous post, and follow the link to the yellow "donate now" button. I would also encourage you to look around the site, get to know this organization, and get to know more about this cause.
"If not but for the grace of God, that is I"

No comments: