Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Evan turned 3!!!

Last month, my baby turned 3!! I have been meaning to write about it, but the month has somehow gotten away from me. However, even though it is a month late, this blog serves as a journal for me, so I don't want to forget what Evan's 3rd birthday looked like!

The day started with a special breakfast...just Evan and me! We rarely do things just the two of us, so it was really fun! I asked him these questions:
Favorite color: black
Favorite zoo animal: Elephants and rhinos
Favorite toy: Dinosaur costume
Food: Cookies (that's my boy!)
Toy to play with: "all kinds of things"
Place to go: The Zoo
That was about as much as I could get out of him. He was pretty wound up!

Then, he went to lunch with Daddy. But I forgot to get a picture of that. After naps, we went to Anderson Farms. Hay ride to a pumpkin patch, and all! It was SO fun!







....he also got to open some presents from the mail!

That weekend, we had a birthday party at home with grandma's and grandpa's, and my sister and her family.




...and a gymnastics party with his friends! **I didn't get a lot of pictures because I left early to be with Mandy when Katie was born! :)


It was a whirlwind of activities, but I think my sweet boy felt celebrated and loved! And now, so I can remember what he is like at 3.....Evan LOVES dinosaurs. (which was the theme at both birthday parties) He can name almost all of them, and has a ton of them! His favorite shows are "Dinosaur Train", and "Word World". When he his playing with cars, or dinosaurs, or whatever...he lines everything up in one big line across the room. He LOVES his brother, and says all the time, "I love you, Caden", "Caden is my favorite brother", "Caden is so cute!", "Hey Mommy, meet my best friend, Caden". He talks all the time, and is constantly cracking me up with what he says. He is very sweet and kind-hearted. He is concerned with how people are feeling, and loves to make people laugh. He is also pretty independent, and likes to do things his way. He loves to color...and use every color that he has! He is very smart, and truly is a GREAT kid! Happy 3rd Birthday, Evan!!
We love you!


1 comment:

Terri said...

Aw, what a great birthday celebration! I love how much you love Evan (and Caden of course.) It's so cute that he loves Caden so much! Good job, Steph and Casey :)