Thursday, April 10, 2008

This morning....

Well, this morning has been a little rough in the Lynn household. It all began at 2:30am when Evan woke up crying. He does this every now and then and usually goes right back to sleep. But he was pretty sad this morning, so I brought him in bed with us which always calms him down. Now, this is great but I have a hard time sleeping because he really likes to be touching me and snuggling. So needless to say I'm kind of tired. So then, we all got up and it's Casey's day off which usually holds such promise. However, every one out of two days off (seriously) he wakes up with a headache. And this morning it apparently is a doosey. So I've got him down for the count trying to get rid of his headache and Evan walks into the kitchen where I am and starts coughing. This isn't too weird because the poor child has been sick for a week now. He had a fever last Thursday that lasted a couple days, and then it turned into a runny nose and cough. He is finally acting more like himself which is good, but still has a little head cold. Anyway..back to this morning. So he walked up to me wanting to be picked up, and coughing a bit. And then it happened. He threw up ALL over me. It went all down my side, and on his pj's. I got him to the sink for the last couple rounds but needless to say we were covered. I think that's a first for me. He threw up a little on me when he was a baby, but that was more like intense spit up. This was full-fledged puke. Poor kid. I'm really hoping it's a one-time thing as he was acting fine before that. But I guess time will tell.
So, that's how we have started our day here in the Lynn house. Not exactly how I was hoping. I'm optimistic that the afternoon will be better! But, we'll see. I hope you are having a much better start to the day than we are!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Poor Steph! You are a good mom and wife even when your hopes are not exactly met. I hope both Evan and Casey feel better SOON!

Brandon and Mandy said...

That does not sound fun for anyone. Thank goodness his puking doesn't start you puking!! Hopefully the afternoon will be much better!! Way to take care of the men in your life :)
Mandy <><

Danielle said...

I'm sorry it was such a rough morning Steph...man, motherhood is not glamorous at all!
To answer your question, yes, Mark (my husband) and I are back in the Springs - we moved back from California about a year ago. It's great to be home and close to family...where are you guys living?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.