Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Prince Charming

There is a new Steven Curtis Chapman song out titled "Cinderella". It is written for his little girls and is basically a reminder of how precious our time is with our little ones because they grow up so quickly. And it also touches on the relationship between a father and a daughter. If you want to hear the song and see the video...and maybe even tear up a bit, go to http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/cinderella.htm Well, this song has got me thinking. There are many songs about little girls and their daddy's but I can't think of any about the relationship between a mother and her son - her little Prince Charming. We are in such a special time of life with Evan. He is so sweet and at this point we are his world. I am the woman in his life that he wants to be with right now! He loves my company and hugs and cuddles are always in abundance. But as this song has reminded me, it won't last long. Very soon he will no longer care about his mom, and soon after that will find another woman who he will spend the rest of his life with. I pray that he will have a wife and a family some day, but part of me will miss my sweet little Prince Charming. So, I know every parent you talk to says, "Enjoy this time while it lasts - it goes quickly!" So, that is what I am going to do. I find myself trying to pause, and mentally file these moments in my memory forever. Because I know that all too soon, my Prince Charming will move on...and find his own Cinderella.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey guys!
steph, this is so true! time flies...not always when you are in the moment, but when you look back, you can see how fast it has gone. I love that song...always makes me tear up. :)
Beth