Sunday, December 20, 2009

A couple Evan-isms

We have been trying to teach Evan the real reason for Christmas this year, because he is old to enough to really get it. We have a great Christmas book that talks about Jesus, and we've been watching the new Veggie Tales Christmas movie a lot. Well, every time we go to Target (which is a lot), he wants to look at the Christmas section. This was what he said when we were there the other day:
"Christmas isn't about Christmas trees. It's about Mary, and Joseph, and baby Jesus. Yep, Christmas is about Jesus."
A different time we were at Target, in the Christmas section, he said:
"Christmas is not a time to be sad, it's a time to be happy!"
So, yeah. He's been scoring some serious cute points lately. Then on the hilarious side...this morning he was reading his book at the table instead of eating his breakfast. So this was our conversation.
Me: "Evan, you need to eat your breakfast. Otherwise, I will have to take your book away."
Evan: "That's rude. Mommy, that's rude".
I am laughing as I type this, because it caught me totally off guard, and was HILARIOUS. I say that to him a fair amout (like when he steals a toy from Caden, or says something, well, rude). But to hear him say it to ME was priceless. Ahhh. Evan. You always keeps me laughing....

3 comments:

Terri said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear about some Cadenisms soon :)

Terri said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear about some Cadenisms soon :)

Brandon and Mandy said...

I just love that little guy!!
Mandy <><