Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa

I took the boys to see Santa a couple weeks ago. Every year at Nick's Garden Center, they have Santa and a couple reindeer come in for the kids. The best part - it's totally FREE. You bring your own camera, and leave with a goodie bag! This is great, because these past few years, Evan has been kinda freaked out by good 'ol Santa. So I LOVE Nick's because I knew if it was a disaster, it hadn't cost me a penny! We waited for probably an hour, but the boys did really well! We went to see Dasher and Prancer first, before they had to go back to the North Pole.
Finally, we made it to SANTA!
This is Evan, trying to bolt....
But we convinced him to smile for ONE picture.

...and then we was at a safe distance, he asked Santa for what he wants for Christmas.
A car.

Santa was so sweet. He was asking "What kind of car? I like cars! Especially race cars!". Best Santa EVER. And Caden did really well. He just stayed on Santa's lap. He looked a little concerned...but he did great!
...and I totally win "Mother of the Year" because it was pretty nice when we left the house, so I was like, no coats needed!!! But, Colorado gets me every time. Even though it was sunny, it was cold. Especially when the sun started to go down. Oops. Sorry, boys. Evan was literally shivering by the time we left. Like I said, mother of the year right here.

No comments: